This meme just popped up in my Google Reader from over at Lady Jane’s. Since I love memes, but never do them because my husband thinks they are silly, I decided to do this one. I just really like to see how my friends and I will answer. I’m not tagging anyone, but if you choose to do one, I hope I have you in my Google Reader so that it will pop up when you blog it!
I give you money and send you into the grocery store to pick up 5 items. You can only pick one thing from the following departments.. what is it?
1. Produce: Avocados
2. Bakery: Something that has cream cheese in the middle
3. Meat: T-Bone Steak
4. Frozen: Pizza
5. Dry goods: Tortilla Chips, that’s a dry good, right?
Let’s say we’re heading out for a weekend getaway. You’re only allowed to bring 3 articles of clothing with you. So, what’s in your bag?
1. My favorite Old Navy jeans.
2. One of my Old Navy t-shirts
3. My favorite brown sweater, also from Old Navy.
If I was to listen in on one of your conversations throughout the day, what 5 phrases or words would I be most likely to hear?
2. “You’re a gobot.”
3. “So, guess what I just found on the internet.”
4. “You’ve got to be kidding me.”
So, what 3 things do you find yourself doing every single day, and if you didn’t get to do, you probably wouldn’t be in the best mood?
1. Check Google Reader and email.
3. Drink coffee, or hot tea, just something hot.
Sweet, you just scored a whole afternoon to yourself. We’re talking a 3 hour block with nobody around. What 5 activities might we find you doing?
2. Drink some Irish Breakfast tea while watching a Jane Austen movie (But I’ll need 5 hours for this one!).
5. Laundry, seriously, I’m always behind on that.
We’re going to the zoo. But, it looks like it could start storming, so it’ll have to be a quick visit. What 3 exhibits do we have to get to?
2. Polar bear
You just scored tickets to the taping of any show that comes on t.v. of your choice. You can pick between 4, so what are you deciding between?
1. The Office
You’re hungry for ice cream. I’ll give you a triple dipper ice cream cone. What 3 flavors can I pile on for ya?
1. Marble Slab’s Sweet Cream with strawberries
2. Häagen-Dazs Coffee
3. Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla
Somebody stole your purse/wallet…in order to get it back, you have to name 5 things you know are inside to claim it. So, what’s in there?
1. A copy of The Princess Bride
2. A bag of hair bands and barrettes
3. A tin of mints with a picture of Shakespeare on the outside
4. A Ziploc bag with tea bags and Splenda
5. A purple hairbrush
You are at a job fair, and asked what areas you are interested in pursuing a career in. Let’s pretend you have every talent and ability to be whatever you wanted, so what 4 careers would be fun for you?
1. Professor of Shakespearean Literature at Oxford University
2. Playing Elphaba in the Broadway Musical Wicked
3. Author of a Newbery Award winning young adult series
4. Stay at home mother of 2
If you could go back and talk to the old you, when you were in high school, and inform yourself of 4 things, what would you say?
1. Keep in touch with your teachers. Seriously. Especially the English teachers.
2. Make college your top priority. It will only take 4 to 5 years if you stick with it. I promise you won’t regret it.
3. Don’t leave Texas any earlier than you need to.
4. Never stop writing. Ever. Write something every day, even if it is just a short poem.