The other reading challenge I’ve decided to join is called What’s In a Name?. I was fascinated by the rules, and had to join!
The rules are to choose one book with each of the following criteria:
1. A book with a color in its title.
2. A book with an animal in its title.
3. A book with a first name in its title.
4. A book with a place in its title.
5. A book with a weather event in its title.
6. A book with a plant in its title.
Cool idea, huh?
So, here’s my list:
1. Color: A Study in Scarlet (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle); Shades of Grey (Jasper Fforde-due out in July 2008)
2. Animal: The Fourth Bear (Jasper Fforde); To Say Nothing of the Dog (Connie Willis)
3. Name: The Jane Austen Book Club (Karen Joy Fowler); Shirley (Charlotte Bronte)
4. Place: The Napoleon of Notting Hill (G. K. Chesterton); The Mysterious Affair at Styles (Added 1/8/2008)
5. Weather: At the Back of the North Wind ( George MacDonald), A Wind in the Door (Madeline L’Engle)
6. Plant: A Pocket Full of Rye (Agatha Christie)
This reading challenge is also from January 1, 2008, through December 31, 2008. I have cross listed a couple of the books with my other challenge, but that just happened to work out that way. However, I did try to add a second title to those categories.
So, those are the reading challenges I have entered so far. Hopefully, I can refrain from overloading myself this time!